Sunday 21 April 2013

DIY tee -> vest





What you'll need:
- Old Tee
- Scissors
- Pencil



 Using a pencil, indicate where you want to cut the tee! I cheated & placed a vest above mine, it gives you an idea of how you're doing :)


Draw a curved line using a pencil to guide you!


Don't cut too much off the material, it's always easier to snip away at it later! Espeially after trying it on, you'll see how you want it! 




 I then cut the hem off the tee - it gives it an edgier, more rugged look!



Now - you have a vest! You could also cut around the neckline but I left mine as I was happy with how it looked! If you want to add an extra little touch, keep reading ;)






 Gather the back of your new vest & using the left over material(from where you cut the hem), tie a bow! It gives your vest a pretty, girly look!










 

Ta-dah!! 

This DIY transforms your old tees into modern new vests :) Perfect timing for Summer :)

Let me know how you get on

Follow me :)






Grá mór,
Neasa x


3 comments:

  1. I love this post, thank you for the DIY!

    xoxo
    http://tfd-thefashiondistrict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats not a vest thats a singlet

    ReplyDelete